The University of Lausanne in Switzerland offers the UNIL Master’s Grants on a competitive basis to international students who wish to pursue a Masters Degree at the University.
|Host Institution(s)||University of Lausanne, Switzerland|
|Application deadline||1 Nov 2018 (annual) and Course starts September 2019|
|Target group||International students|
|Number of Scholarships||Around 10|
Level/Field(s) of study:
All Master’s programme from among those offered by the UNIL, except the following
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of Education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
Note: For the Master of Law, only two specializations – “international and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open to applications for Masters scholarships.
Scholarship value/duration: The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not to have been registered with UNIL in the past.
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
Application instructions: The application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL). You must not make an application for admission to the masters degree via the Admissions Department (SII). Candidates must send their completed application by post to UNIL’s Social Affairs and Student Mobility Service (SASME) before 1 November to begin a masters degree during the following academic year, in the autumn semester or the spring semester if the programme allows.
kindly read the UNIL Master’s Grants FAQs and visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Website: Official Scholarship Website: https://www.unil.ch-scholarship/menuinst/futures-etudiantes
Related Scholarships: Top 10 Scholarships for Foreign Students