According to an agreement between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) for the advancement of science in developing countries, up to 200 students/scholars from all over the world will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years, CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme provides students/scholars that are non-Chinese citizens an opportunity to pursue doctoral degrees at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or Institutes of CAS around China.
General conditions for applicants:
- The maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2018;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
- Not hold Chinese citizenship;
- Applicants for doctoral study should also:
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of UCAS/USTC (criteria of UCAS/criteria of USTC).
- Hold a master degree before the beginning of the fall semester: 1 September 2018.
- Provide evidence that he/she will return to their home country on completion of their studies in China according to the CAS-TWAS agreement.
- Provide proof of knowledge of English or Chinese language.
To successfully apply for the CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship, applicants are requested to follow some sensitive procedures which are been provided by the official webpage here online application system.
The basic required documents needed for the application procedure is listed below:
- Your International passport which has at least 2 years validity (only pages showing personal and validity details are needed);
- Complete CV with a brief introduction to research experience;
- Original copy of the certificate of university degrees held (both undergraduate and postgraduate; graduates having just completed or about to complete their degree should provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date);
- Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese;
- Original copy of transcripts of both undergraduate and post-graduate education;
- Detailed research proposal;
- Photocopies of all the title pages and abstracts of maximum five published academic papers;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Attachment 1- find this at the bottom of this page)
The online application process click here fellowship online application system
For more on scholarships click here
you can as well Visit the official website for the online application page.
Download the foreigner physical examination form click here
Intel for scholarships is dedicated to supporting scholars achieve their dream of gaining not just there dream set goals academically but to gain more field experience out of there comfort zone (Home country) to a more challenging environment which is to develop their educational career, for more about us please visit schoarintel.com/about-us or click here for more scholarintel.com/scholarships/