The University College London (UCL) has opened applications for its African G
raduate Scholarship, open to African nationals currently residing in an African nation.
Application Deadline: 27th of April, 2018
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Country of Scholarship: UK
About the Scholarship:
The scholarships exist to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at UCL without financial assistance. The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September-September to study at the UCL Institute for Global Health.
Scholarship type: Masters (MSc.)
Eligibility: Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation at the time of application.
- The candidate must have made an application and been accepted to UCL to study for a full-time postgraduate programme at the Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- The scheme offers a substantial scholarship towards UCL tuition fees, accommodation and some living costs. The candidate must also be able to provide evidence that he/she has secured other sources of funding for travelling to and from the UK.
- The amount awarded will be dependent on the individual candidate. Payment of the
- Scholarship is made in the form of a deduction from tuition fees and accommodation expenses at the start of the academic session; and by cheques at regular intervals throughout the academic year to pay for food, transport and daily expenses.
- If you advise potential sponsorship organisations of your scholarship application it
- may assist you in obtaining further funding from them.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
African Graduate Scholarship Requirements:
Candidates are required to submit their completed scholarship application forms with
the following documentation:
- Two reference letters. (Preferably one professional and one academic reference). Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper with a signature and must be signed across the seal of the envelope to ensure confidentiality (if sent by post). If sent by e-mail the referee can send the signed letter directly to Alison Gilry email@example.com
- A copy of the UCL unconditional offer letter for the relevant academic year that the scholarship is intended for.
- A current CV.
- A letter confirming current employment status and annual salary in GBP.
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for higher education and professional training.
- A detailed personal statement.
- Proof of funding status including evidence that they have applied to other funding bodies for the additional expenses. If any additional funding has UCL Institute for Global Health
- been obtained, the applicant must provide evident
How to Apply:
- The candidate must have made an application and been accepted to UCL to study for a full-time postgraduate at the institute of Global Health for the coming academic year. Click this link to apply to the MSc.
- African Graduate Scholarship Application Form (word doc) Please submit your application and supporting documentation by the 27th of April, 2018
- Please see the guidelines and application procedures (Link in Program Webpage below).
Scholarship Award Providers: University College London. Sponsored by the CP Charitable Trust, and the International Student House
Are you looking for more scholarships, click here.